Basic Horse Shampoo Needs
Routine baths – no issues or for the main part of the body if treating a localized issue.
- Banana shampoo
- Banana conditioner
Mane and tail routine
- Banana shampoo
- Orange PEK conditioner (can mix with Banana conditioner also)
Hair growth- mane and tail or can be used whole body
- Mineral H shampoo
- pH Balance conditioner (helpful to mix in Orange PEK also)
Open sores, summer itch, cuts and/or abrasions- only on affected area
Weekly to twice weekly cleaning based on amount of debris
- close- open- close technique
- Purifying Mask (conditioner)- first close
- Mineral Plus Crème shampoo (antibacterial) and Zolfo (anti-fungal) shampoo mixed – open
- pH Balance conditioner- second close
- Triple oil- light spray once to twice daily on affected area
- Ozonized olive oil, Ginkgo oil, Oligo elements – mix equal parts in spray bottle.
- Mix in small quantities for maximum benefit
Products for a show
- Atami H270 Spray -lightly over-spray and brush in. Leaves a shine to mane, tail, and coat. Makes the mane and tail much easier to comb out or braid.
- Caviar Luminance- lightly over-spray and brush in. Leaves a shine to mane, tail, and coat. Excellent for catching the light.
- All shampoo and conditioning products are a 1:3 dilution
- Whisk the product to make it foamy and easier to apply
- Wet the horse; then apply shampoo and leave on for 5 minutes, rinse; leave conditioner on for 5 minutes, then rinse.
- If doing a close-open-close technique, leave the first close on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse.
- Hydrating spray is made by using any PEK conditioner at a 1:8 dilution in a spray bottle. Best to mix in a mixing bowl first and then pour into the bottle as it does not mix well in the bottle.
- If doing a therapy, only do the affected area with the Therapy Pack. The rest of the horse can be washed with Banana (less expensive) shampoo and conditioner.